Railyard Park Earth Day Celebration
A fun-filled day for the whole family! Interactive workshops and conservation-minded activities offering visitors an opportunity to learn, have some fun, and get inspired!
10 AM – 2 PM
- – Live Animals from NM Wildlife Center
- – A large wooden bird form for photo-taking, animal artifacts (skins, feathers), coloring pages, and binocular lessons from New Mexico Audubon.
- – See where Santa Fe’s drinking water comes from and how it flows with an Enviroscape Drinking Model from the City’s Water Conservation Office.
- – Puppets and stilt-walkers from Wise Fool NM
- – The City’s Parks Division is hosting a Seed Ball Station – make a seed ball to throw and watch grow!
- – Free Community Drought Solutions Workshop hosted by Jeremiah Kidd of San Isidro Permaculture. RSVPs appreciated – firstname.lastname@example.org
- – Positive Energy Solar will have activity pages for kids, a solar demonstration, and electric vehicles to check out
- – Backyard Composting Demos hosted by Reunity Resources featuring: WORMS! Learn to compost at home!
- – Live Music!
- – Have an old computer or cell phone you need to get rid of? Office Depot will help you properly dispose of your old electronics.
- – REI will be hosting Campfire Sessions where you can learn the ways of the wild
- – Ask A Master Table – Get your gardening questions answered by Master Gardeners
- – Give-aways from Keep Santa Fe Beautiful
- – Interactive recycling demos from SFSWMA
- – Sand Play Saturday from 10am-Noon – special Earth Day preview!
- – Match N Toss game hosted by El Dorado 285 Recycles!
- – Native Plant Game with prizes
- – Recycle Santa Fe Art Festival and NM Recycling Coalition will host a “Make & Take” station where trash becomes treasure!
- – School environmental groups, local green businesses, games, give-aways, music!
CONSIDER WALKING, BIKING, OR TAKING PUBLIC TRANSIT TO THE EVENT
HAPPY EARTH DAY CRUISE – The Santa Fe Conservation Trust is hosting a community bike ride along the Santa Fe River and Acequia Madre where participants can see and learn about Santa Fe’s storm-water mitigation work and “rain gardens”. The ride will go through the new Acequia Trail underpass and end at the Railyard Park Earth Day Celebration! Meet at the Railyard Park’s Community Room at 9am on April 21st!!!
OTHER WAYS TO CELEBRATE MOTHER EARTH
Santa Fe County Sustainability Division will be hosting a Fix-It Clinic on April 28th. Learn to repair items instead of sending them to the landfill. More info about Fix-It Clinics here. If you know how to do simple repairs – consider volunteering as a “Fix-It Coach“!
Natural Grocers is hosting an Earth Day celebration at their store on April 22nd. Natural Grocers vendors and representatives will be giving demos on various food, drink, and supplement products! There will be giveaways for gift cards, free products, and other fun rewards. It’s one of the biggest Natural Grocers company-wide events, and should be a blast! Also consider checking out Natural Grocer’s presentation Lady Bug Love on April 21st!