Current Job or Internship Openings
Job Opening: Available Immediately – Marketing and Parks Programs Intern (Apply)
Marketing and Parks Programs Intern, Railyard Park Conservancy
Santa Fe, N.M.
Do you have a passion for the environment and your community? Join the Railyard Park Conservancy’s Internship Program for a chance to utilize your skills towards stewarding one of Santa Fe’s public gems – the Railyard Park. As a 501(c)3 non-profit, our mission is to provide community stewardship and advocacy for the care, programming, and public art in the Railyard Park. 2018 is our 10 Year Anniversary since the Park opened to the Public and we have an exciting lineup of projects and events.
Our 2018 Internship specifically focuses on Marketing, Graphic Design and Park Programs Assistance:
Position is available to start immediately through OCT 1, 2018. Possibility for permanent position.
- Manage and expand social media presence, provide graphic design material for events, park brochures and guides, and assist in online promotions and basic website editing; experience with film and film-editing preferred.
- Collaborate with Program Coordinator on developing educational curriculum for elementary school field trips to the Park and manage visiting school groups.
- Perform research on statistics, local trends and science-based research for Park program needs.
- Office administration and data entry; manage Community Room scheduling, facility and complete reservations.
- Lead volunteer groups of all ages and group size in providing landscape maintenance and improvements in Railyard Park and coordinate volunteer outreach efforts.
- Plan for and oversee ongoing community programs and special events in the Park. Summer programming includes 12 Sand Day Saturday mornings for toddlers, preschoolers and their families. Must be available Saturdays between May 26 through August 11th.
- Assist in Park’s Composting Program by securing and maintaining sources, assisting working in the compost area and assisting in Community Garden projects.
Reports to Executive Director and is supervised by Executive Director and Program Coordinator.
Pay: $13 / hour, 40 hours/week. Hours: 8am – 5pm with 1 hour uncompensated lunch break. Stipend for cell phone and health insurance is provided.
Reviews provided at 30-days, 90-days and at end of internship, unless funding extended into permanent position.
This internship is ideal for someone interested in non-profit work, as an entry-level position to build project management skills, further expand a graphic design portfolio, and/or interested in management of public lands.
About the Park:
The Railyard Park, completed in 2008, is an award-winning park in downtown Santa Fe. It is among the new generation of public-private city parks that seek to build community and lessen the civic burden on park departments while providing outstanding programming. Its care is guided by an alliance that includes the City of Santa Fe, the Santa Fe Conservation Trust, the Santa Fe Railyard Community Corporation (SFRCC) and the Railyard Park Conservancy. The Railyard Park Conservancy (RPC) is a nonprofit that works in partnership with the City of Santa Fe to ensure the park is maintained in perpetuity. We provide long-term community stewardship and advocacy for the enhanced horticultural care and educational programming in the Railyard Park.
How to Apply:
Submit resume and 3 professional references to: Christy@railyardpark.org
Include sample of your graphic design work (more than 1 preferred) and/or film material you’ve produced.
*No phone calls please. Familiarize yourself with our programs at www.railyardpark.org
- A B.A. or B.S. degree preferred but not required.
- Graphic design training and proven skills. (Submit samples of your work)
- Proven computer skills; Skilled in MS Office suite, PhotoShop, InDesign, Excel, and familiarity with social media account like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and others.
- Event planning experience a plus.
- General knowledge of gardening and environmental conservation concerns.
- Experience and comfort in public speaking and leading groups of people.
- Ability to fluctuate between professional office atmosphere/attire and outdoor yardwork environments and dress appropriately.
- Proven written communication skills.
- Reliable, able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong social and customer-service skills, ability to be directed by staff and receive feedback from volunteers and staff; people-oriented and cooperative attitude.
- Flexible weekend schedule and motivated to complete tasks in a timely, deadline-driven manner.